VAPOUR ABSORPTION CHILLERS
Thermax is the first absorption chiller manufacturer in the world to commercialise the ultimate in absorption technology. This is a major breakthrough in the field of refrigeration and air-conditioning. Absorption chillers have a Coefficient of Performance (COP) of 1.8, which is nearly 30% higher than the double effect absorption chillers. This helps the user to reduce the energy requirement for cooling significantly.
Thermax manufactures Triple Effect Chillers in India and supplies them to more than 90+ countries across the globe.
EXHAUST FIRED CHILLER (2D SERIES)
Thermax exhaust fired absorption machines directly utilise waste heat from the Gas/diesel engine or turbine exhaust gases, micro turbine or fuel cell which helps in making air-conditioning almost free of cost. It also reduces the initial capital cost of the system, by downsizing the engine size; as additional power units required for electrical chillers is eliminated. Heat recovery from multiple engines can also be done by single machine having separate dedicated tube banks to a particular engine thereby avoiding mixing of flue gases and back pressure.
- Capacities: From 50 to 2500 TR (175 to 8800kW)
- Chilled water temperature: Up to 1ºC (34ºF) and -2ºC (28.5ºF) for brine
- Exhaust gas temperature: From 275 to 600ºC (525 to 1110ºF)
- COP: 1.45 – 1.5
- 50 – 2500 TR Cooling Capacity
- Waste heat recovery from exhaust of gas engine, diesel engine, gas turbine
- 10 – 25 bar steam pressure