The Chiller-Heater is a lithium bromide based vapour absorption machine producing chilled and hot water for cooling and heating applications. These machines can be designed to generate either cooling or heating as well as both simultaneously. Chiller-Heaters can generate hot water temperature up to 95 C.
In Thermax’s High Efficiency Chiller-Heater 40% of Heat required for generating hot water is recovered from low temperature chilled water. Remaining 60% is recovered from external heat source. Thereby, 40% reduction in direct external heat source can be achieved for heating hot water as compared to conventional hot water generator. Additionally refrigeration is also generated simultaneously.
Chiller-Heaters find their application in industries like Food & Beverages, Automobile, Pharmaceutical, Hotels, and all processes where both, cooling and heating is required.
- Heating capacity: 100 to 9250 kW
- Cooling capacity: 50 to 3500 TR
- Chilled water temperature: Up to 1ºC (34ºF) and -2ºC (28.5ºF) for brine
- Hot Water temperature: Up to 90ºC (194ºF)
- Heat Source: Steam, Hot Water, Exhaust Gas, Fuel firing
- Simultaneous Cooling and Heating